|Chilling Out with the Lion of God|
1. I would like to predict the next apocalypse. No, this is not based on holy writ. I will exercise my right to call them as I see them.
2. When will the next apocalypse take place? Dunno, but not soon enough.
3. How will we know the signs? People who treat you like shit will suddenly be kind and solicitous. When you are broke, they will lend you money without sending loan sharks after you. When you are sick, they will bring you hot soup, clean your house and act like it is their duty to serve you in your travails. They will watch your kids so that you can get some rest. People will become more humane.
5. The earth will be calm. No more tornadoes. No more thundersnow storms. No more earthquakes, tsunamis, oil spills, hurricanes and all those other natural disasters that must be punishment from the most high.
6. People will stop acting stupid, and get their kids vaccinated for polio, mumps, measles, whooping cough, hepatitis B and chickenpox. Scientists will reforge the great smallpox vaccine with the help of the elves. Even better, no needles, just the tips of swords.
7. Since there is enough food on the earth to feed us all into the next 100 Thanksgivings, hunger will become a thing of the past. Love of mankind will replace all greed. No one has to give 20 bucks a month to those starving kids you see on TV about 3am.
8. All religions will cease to be. You can believe that Elmo gave us the ten commandments, Homer Simpson got swallowed by a whale, Judas Iscariot was a nice man, and Revelation was computer programmed. God will just be God, and for those of you who don't believe in such a personage-- well, that's alright too.
10. When the end comes, it won't be from the ire of some bossy deity. It won't be from our own selfishness. It won't be from turning biblical words into algebraic equations. Geocentrism will simply pass on.
For those who think I'm a dreamer, I'm not the only one. Now why don't we start helping each other?. Stop dreading the big fist of God. Just treat people right; quit wasting your time with addictive substances that make the drug cartels rich: stop eating Twinkies and Little Debbies and do something meaningful with your life. You never know the time or hour that YOU may leave your body. So take care of yourself, and show everyone that you have a benevolent heart. Even if I am wrong, would anything of this really be such a problem in the long run?